You can expect years of outdoor beauty and enjoyment.
Please consider the following information as you care for your new paving system.
- The use of ice melting products should not be used on patios, driveways, and walkways. Although the surface material is very high quality, long term exposure to salts may have a detrimental affect on concrete.
- We recommend the use of sand for traction in winter weather. Sand is a natural product and can be swept away in the spring without damaging pavement or plants.
- Stamped concrete walkways, driveways, and patios are finished with a sealer to protect the surface. We recommend this sealer be re-applied every 3-5 years depending on the amount of traffic.
- Stamped concrete is obviously a concrete product and like other concrete surfaces it may crack over time. It is expected that cracks will occur in expansion joints. However, this is not always the case. Great Falls Development Co., Inc. warranties against cracks greater than a half inch in width, unless concrete is damaged or used other than in the way intended, for a period of one (1) year from the time of installation. Site settlement and other variables not within the control of Great Falls Development Co., Inc. are not covered under warranty.
- Stamped concrete may be cleaned by sweeping, washing with a mild soap and rinsed with water from a hose.